Contributions, Honors & Professional Development
- Graduate Affiliate for the Center for Teaching Excellence (July 2013 - present): I observe graduate students while they teach lectures and lead discussion sections, and debrief with them afterwards. I also help graduate students create and administer early informal feedback, and assist them in the interpretation of this feedback. These endeavors help graduate students achieve their teaching certification.
- Workshop Leader: Navigating Sensitive Topics and Situations in Class (November 2013), Teaching Undergraduate Students to Read Academic Articles in the Social Sciences (February 2014), Providing Feedback to Students on Written Work (October 2014), Classroom Management (January 2015).
- Micro-teaching Leader, Graduate Academy for College Teaching, University of Illinois (August 2013, January 2014, August 2014, January 2015).
- Vice President of the College Teaching Effectiveness Network (May 2014 - April 2015).
- President of the College Teaching Effectiveness Network (April 2015 - present).
- University of Illinois List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent (Spring 2011, Fall 2011, Spring 2012*, Fall 2012*, Spring 2013, Fall 2013, Spring 2014*): during these semesters, I earned student evaluations which places me in the top 20% of evaluated teaching assistants. The semesters marked with an asterisk were semesters where I earned teaching evaluations which placed me in the top 10% of evaluated teaching assistants.
- Graduate Teacher Certificate (Spring 2013).
- Teacher Scholar Certificate (Spring 2014).
- Nominated for the Liberal Arts and Sciences Teaching Award and the Lynn M. Martin Award for Distinguished Women Teachers (December 2014).
- Winner of the Liberal Arts and Sciences Teaching Award (February 2015).
- Nominated for the Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching campus award (February 2015).
- Winner of the Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Campus Award (February 2015).
- Teaching Portfolio group member (Fall 2013 - Spring 2014).
- Attended and presented at the Lilly Conference on College and University Teaching (January 2015): I presented my ongoing research with Dr. Robert Pahre and Dr. Carie Steele on combining online and experiential learning.
- Attended and presented at the annual meeting of the Midwestern Political Science Association (April 2015): I presented my ongoing research with Dr. Robert Pahre on comparing and assessing virtual and physical field trips.